Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful For Access to Medicine

Tuesday I had to take Averi to the doctor for ear pain. I am fortunate to live 5 min. away from our doctors office and was able to walk in and get her right in with our favorite FNP (Mr. Willcut).  She did in fact have an ear infection and we were off to fill her prescription. 

We as Americans are so fortunate to be able to get medical treatment when we need it.  Often as Americans we complain about our health care.
1. It cost too much for co pay.
2. We don't like our insurance plans.
3.  I had to wait too long to see doctor.
4.  I had to wait for a prescription to be filled.

Our son lives in a country where Medicine and doctors aren't 5 min away and most people can't afford treatment.  He lives in a country with no chip or medicaid plan.

Today I am thankful for insurance and for access to quality affordable health care.



No comments:

Post a Comment