Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Father's Prayer

14 days and counting until I leave to meet our son in Africa!

Excited

Nervous

Blessed

Overwhelmed

YES!

Dear Lord......grant me the wisdom to see what M. needs from me while I'm there, and allow clear communication despite the language differences.....grant me the strength to keep it together for him emotionally.....help him to see and feel the love of his forever father....help me reflect YOU in my thoughts, words, and actions......help me to share the love from the rest of his forever family......Bless our court process......give Lacey peace and comfort, and calm her fears and worries as I travel to meet our son on our behalf....give me the strength to leave him.....and give M. the strength and understanding to see that the separation is only temporary.....Thank YOU for M.

4 comments:

  1. Just going to take this time to mention that if you haven't read "The Connected Child" by Dr. Karyn Purvis, you should consider it. Excellent book for everyone who is embarking on an international adoption. I've read it cover to cover twice and am still learning from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prayer - it covers all the important elements. My prayers go with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Mother's prayer....Dear Lord, please be with Casey as he takes this journey to meet his son. Please watch over both Casey and Mary keeping them safe as they travel abroad and back home again. Thank you for opening their hearts as you have lead them to M. - Please let this little one understand how much love awaits him... Thank you God for the blessing that Casey has been and continues to be to Dave and I ...we just could not be prouder! God bless Casey, Lacey, Elli, Averi, Daniel and M. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Pray your trip is wonderful! M will understand because the nannies are so great to explain things to the kids.

    ReplyDelete