Thursday, March 17, 2011

Painful Bumps In The Road

Lacey called me this morning at work just about the same time that I saw an e-mail come across my computer from our adoption agency. My heart leapt with excitement until I answered the phone to hear my wife crying and her quiet voice delivered some bad news. This wasn't the news we were expecting, not the long awaited court date.....rather another setback in the process. Apparently the paperwork from M's original orphanage, before being transferred to our agency's care center, wasn't valid. That orphanage has been shut down and the government is requiring all of the kiddos to be returned to their living parent/s, if they still have living parent/s. Our agency contacted M's mom again and she reiterated her desire to have M adopted. We are now in a peculiar position where our agency seeks to obtain the appropriate paperwork for M. They are basically starting over by assigning him to an orphanage for paperwork purposes. M will get to stay in our agency care center which is comfortable for him and a real blessing. We have no idea how this set back will slow down our already slow process. We do know that we are completely committed to M and will wait as long as it is required to bring our son home. Please keep our agency, our family, and especially M in your prayers. Saw this verse today and it is such a comfort during this painful time....God's promises keep us going:
"Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

  1. Sending you many good thoughts and many prayers for your sweet boy. I hope he's home in your arms before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with the whole family. The Lord tells us to pray and expect him to answer. This is what I am doing for you.

    ReplyDelete